131 people fallen ill after consuming food from FoodTalks
131 people are down with gastroenteritis after consuming food from a caterer. The victims are Kindergarten 2 students and teachers who were attending a learning camp organized by Busy Bees Asia.
In a joint statement, the National Environmental Agency (NEA), Ministry of Health (MOH) and Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) said that they were investigating an outbreak of gastroenteritis caused by the consumption of food prepared by FoodTalks Caterer & Manufacturer, located at Shimei East Kitchen in Bedok on Monday (Nov 26).
As of Tuesday, though none of the victims were hospitalised, 131 cases of gastroenteritis have been reported.
MOH, NEA and AVA conducted a joint inspection of the caterer’s premises on Tuesday. As part of the investigations, food handlers were sent for stool screening, and food and environmental samples were taken for testing, the agencies said.
This is the third high-profile food poisoning incident that have occurred in the past month.
Just last week, 190 people fell ill after consuming food that was prepared by TungLok Catering at the Max Atria at Singapore Expo.
81 people also suffered from gastroenteritis after eating the bento food prepared by the River Valley outlet of Spize. A 38 year-old man died and at least 45 victims were hospitalized.
You may be interested
Malay customer says he got diarrhoea from Korean BBQ, restaurant replies they are ‘not halal’admin - August 18, 2019
Korean BBQ, although slightly cumbersome, usually leaves you satiated. Not for one Hakim Ahmad though. The customer reportedly got a…
People’s Park Complex forces their residents to sleep outside if they don’t have access cardadmin - August 9, 2019
SINGAPORE — Some residents at People’s Park Complex are angry over strict security measures rolled out at the start of…