Carousell Scams Alert!
Scamming case is back again, this time, targeting seller’s item. The scammer had already tricked multiple people into sending their items to them worth over $10,000.
The scammers believe to be working in a group targeting local and oversea marketplace. Here is how they act:
1. They will contact the seller and making it seems like they are genuinely interested in purchasing the item.
2. They will WhatsApp call or message you. (The number is believed to be purchased from the black market. After some investigation, we are sure that the number is valid from M1 provider.)
3. They will say they are not available to collect and will get a shipping company to collect the item and making funds transfers for the payment.
4. They will create a fake screenshot of the funds transfer tricking many sellers to think that the ‘buyer’ have already made the payment so the seller will release the item to the shipping company.
5. The item will then be shipped to KL (It’s believed to be a re-route address, where items will be re-routed to the original destination which is unknown.
This way, it makes tracing the scammers rather difficult, but not impossible. There are still ways to trace them as we continue with our investigation.
In the meantime, please share this post with all your friends and family to prevent them from being the next target of the scam cases.
We are also notified that the Singapore Police Force are already investigating the cases from multiple reports.
If you have more details you would like to share with us, please kindly drop us a private message or email us at [email protected] with subject “WLE Carousell Scam”
You may be interested
Malay customer says he got diarrhoea from Korean BBQ, restaurant replies they are ‘not halal’admin - August 18, 2019
Korean BBQ, although slightly cumbersome, usually leaves you satiated. Not for one Hakim Ahmad though. The customer reportedly got a…
People’s Park Complex forces their residents to sleep outside if they don’t have access cardadmin - August 9, 2019
SINGAPORE — Some residents at People’s Park Complex are angry over strict security measures rolled out at the start of…