Christmas gathering ruined by a nasty meal
A group of friends’ had their Christmas celebration ruined this year when cockroaches were found in their tomyum soup.
Mr John Singh, 31, an operations manager, was having drinks with his friends at a bar in Holland Village on Tuesday night when he decided to get some soup.
He crossed the road to #wtf, a restaurant by the IndoChine group, to order a bowl of tom yam soup for takeaway. The staff delivered the soup to him at the bar shortly after.
When he was halfway through the dish, Mr Singh noticed a “black thing” inside.
“I thought it was herbs at first,” he said.
‘I spat out what looked like bits of cockroach’
“But then when I looked closer I realised it was a baby cockroach.”
He also added that the cockroach looked cooked.
Mr Akesh Abhilash, 30, a lawyer and Mr Singh’s friend then went back to the restaurant, called for the manager who then gave them a refund.
Mr Akesh added that he has since lodged a report with the health authorities.
When contacted yesterday, Mr Jeremy Lim, the general manager of IndoChine Group, told The New Paper that the restaurant manager disposed of the soup immediately.
“We have since checked with our chef and he has mentioned that there is no way the cockroach would get into the soup as we set quite a high level of food hygiene standard at all our outlets,” he said.
“The food was taken away to be consumed at another outlet, we cannot assume the cockroach came from our kitchen, but rest assured we always take these matters very seriously.”
Mr Singh said he is traumatised by the incident and that he and his friends will not be eating at IndoChine restaurants again.
You may be interested
Things to Look for When Contacting an Online Mortgage ConsultancyShirree - May 29, 2019
Purchasing a mortgage is arguably one of the most important life decisions that you will ever have to make. This…
The punishment for NUS student who filmed girl in showerHo Zhi Hui - April 22, 2019
On Nov. 25, 2018, at around 1:20am, National University of Singapore (NUS) undergraduate Monica Baey was taking a shower at…
Girl, 6, dies in hospital after being found submerged, unattended in poolHo Zhi Hui - April 17, 2019
Assuming that his six-year-old grandniece could swim without a float, a man left her unattended in a hotel swimming pool…