Dog has sewing needle removed from neck

February 18, 2019
24 Shares 299 Views

A dog in Scotland suspected of having a brain tumour actually had a sewing needle in his neck and had to have it removed by surgeons.

X-rays showed that it was actually a needle that had pierced the poor pooch’s spinal cord and caused him neck pain.

The owners then took him to the vet when they noticed he had trouble walking and showed signs of seizures.

The vet in Beauly, near Inverness, initially feared the 13-year-old might have a brain tumour and took scans of his head, but the images showed a 7cm sewing needle – with thread attached – stuck in his neck.

It is not known how it got there, but vets suspect he either ate it or laid his head on it.

Surgeons have since removed the needle, which was dangerously close to his brain.

You may be interested

The punishment for NUS student who filmed girl in shower
Current Affair
44 shares510 views
Current Affair
44 shares510 views

The punishment for NUS student who filmed girl in shower

Ho Zhi Hui - April 22, 2019

On Nov. 25, 2018, at around 1:20am, National University of Singapore (NUS) undergraduate Monica Baey was taking a shower at…

Girl, 6, dies in hospital after being found submerged, unattended in pool
Current Affair
22 shares345 views
Current Affair
22 shares345 views

Girl, 6, dies in hospital after being found submerged, unattended in pool

Ho Zhi Hui - April 17, 2019

Assuming that his six-year-old grandniece could swim without a float, a man left her unattended in a hotel swimming pool…

69-year-old pedestrian dies after being hit by car
Current Affair
23 shares299 views
Current Affair
23 shares299 views

69-year-old pedestrian dies after being hit by car

Ho Zhi Hui - April 4, 2019

A 69-year-old woman has died from her injuries after an accident with a car along Hougang Avenue 8 on Monday…