Man fined $34 for lighting firework which caused 7-year-old girl’s death

July 2, 2018
152 Shares 3,191 Views

Nor Isham Tukiman, 35, was fined RM100 ($33.91) after pleading guilty at the court to the charge in an incident which led to a 7-year-old girl’s death in Felda Papan Timur.

Nor Isham was playing firecrackers without a permit on the 14th of June when the incident happen. The victim, Nuraqira Khaeefa Mohd Saad, was cleaning the front yard of her grandfather’s house at that time.

She was struck by shrapnel from the firecracker when it exploded on the front yard of the house. It happened when Nor Isham lit the firecracker and placed it in a PVC pipe with the intention of launching it skywards.

Nor Isham was charged under Section 3(1) of the Minor Offences Act 1955 for setting off fireworks.

Magistrate of the case, Mazana Sinin, said the government has its reasons to ban fireworks and people who wish to light them have to apply for a license.

“Your action not only endangered yourself, in this case, it caused the death of a girl. Although unintentional, you have to use logic to see if your actions could be dangerous. I am giving you a last warning,” said Mazana.

Nuraqira Khaeefa died 4 days later on June 18 from the serious head injuries while being treated at the Sultanah Aminah Hospital.

You may be interested

Things to Look for When Contacting an Online Mortgage Consultancy
Science & Technology
27 shares7,449 views
Science & Technology
27 shares7,449 views

Things to Look for When Contacting an Online Mortgage Consultancy

Shirree - May 29, 2019

Purchasing a mortgage is arguably one of the most important life decisions that you will ever have to make. This…

The punishment for NUS student who filmed girl in shower
Current Affair
44 shares620 views
Current Affair
44 shares620 views

The punishment for NUS student who filmed girl in shower

Ho Zhi Hui - April 22, 2019

On Nov. 25, 2018, at around 1:20am, National University of Singapore (NUS) undergraduate Monica Baey was taking a shower at…

Girl, 6, dies in hospital after being found submerged, unattended in pool
Current Affair
22 shares429 views
Current Affair
22 shares429 views

Girl, 6, dies in hospital after being found submerged, unattended in pool

Ho Zhi Hui - April 17, 2019

Assuming that his six-year-old grandniece could swim without a float, a man left her unattended in a hotel swimming pool…