Neighbor’s gruesome discovery: ‘Cough syrup’ was actually blood trail

December 5, 2018
24 Shares 213 Views

In a Beach Road flat, strange liquid was flowing out of it and curious neighbors thought it might have been cough syrup.

In an attempt to figure out what it was, a man, who wanted to be known only as Mr Luo, 70, used his finger to touch the dark liquid and sniff it.

It turned out to be blood from his 79-year old neighbor, who died in his apartment at Block 4 Beach Road. He was a cleaner at a hospital, he had some difficulties walking and often kept to himself.

Mr Luo told Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao that he had returned home from breakfast at about 7am on Sunday (Dec 2) when he saw the liquid seeping out from his neighbour’s door on the 13th floor.

He thought it was cough syrup but it had a strange smell to it, so he touched it with his finger and took a sniff. It made him worried and started knocking on the door.

With no response from his neighbour, Mr Luo sought help from Keeping Hope Alive, a private volunteer group that looks out for the underprivileged and elderly in rental estates.

On Sunday, some of the members who did their door to door visits were approach by Mr Luo to check out the flat and they saw the blood trail.

A police spokesman said police were alerted to the case of unnatural death at 7.39am on Sunday. The man was found lying motionless and was pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene.

Police investigations are still ongoing.

You may be interested

42 fall ill and 4 hospitalised after banquet meal at Mandarin Orchard
Current Affair
30 shares160 views
Current Affair
30 shares160 views

42 fall ill and 4 hospitalised after banquet meal at Mandarin Orchard

Shirree - December 6, 2018

Forty-two guests have fallen ill after attending a wedding banquet at Mandarin Orchard Singapore on Sunday (Dec 2). This is…

About $40,000 meant for students’ learning materials allegedly misappropriated by teacher
Current Affair
40 shares400 views
Current Affair
40 shares400 views

About $40,000 meant for students’ learning materials allegedly misappropriated by teacher

Shirree - November 29, 2018

Students at Woodgrove Secondary School had handed over cash for learning materials but their English Head of Department (HOD) allegedly…

131 people fallen ill after consuming food from FoodTalks
Current Affair
23 shares216 views
Current Affair
23 shares216 views

131 people fallen ill after consuming food from FoodTalks

Shirree - November 28, 2018

131 people are down with gastroenteritis after consuming food from a caterer. The victims are Kindergarten 2 students and teachers…